Thomaston home catches fire
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 5:27pm
The Cuero VFD responded to a fire off Hwy. 87 S in Thomaston at approximately 8:45 a.m. A single wide mobile home had caught fire in the master bedroom located in the back of the home.
Tim and Debbie Gibson have been renting from Lee Gibson, Tim’s father, for about a year and a half. Tim and Debbie have a son, Danny a.k.a. Bubba, who will be entering Cuero High School as a freshman.
Debbie said, “I just woke up about thirty minutes before when Bubba came out to tell me that he smelled something funny.”
Bubba said, “I was sleeping and I woke up because I smelled something strange. I went out and told mom that she needed to come and look in her room.”
“When I came in, the whole wall behind the T. V. and bookshelf was on fire,” said Debbie.
Owner, Lee Gibson, said that he believed it was an electrical.
“I would have put it out but there was too much smoke,” said Gibson.
Tim was away at work at the time.
The home was insured by the owner and the residents did have renters insurance.
Rate this article: