Zion Cemetery historical marker dedication
Submitted by crecord2010 on
It was at a time when people were fleeing instability in Germany and settling in DeWitt County. In spite of the hardships here, those immigrants were successful at establishing small communities and raising families.
About 145 years ago in the community of Arneckeville, Pastor Christoph Adam Sager began a new ministry at Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church. A log church for the congregation was dedicated in 1868.
On July 27th Texas Historical Commission recognized the importance of Zion Arneckeville Cemetery with a Texas Historical Marker.
A dedication ceremony was held recently for Zion Arneckeville Cemetery’s new Texas Historical Marker. Established in 1869, the cemetery is located next to Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Arneckeville. Shown with the new marker are, from left, Bryan Friedrichs, Roger Weise, Doug Wolf, Harlan Nagel, Ben Burdine, Elorine Hartman, Brenda Lord and Judge Daryl Fowler.
To read more see this week's The Cuero Record and Yorktown News-View
Rate this article: