Primary early voting
Submitted by crecord2010 on
For those interested in being a part of the election and policy process of their political parties, early voting for the March primaries begins Tuesday, Feb. 18.
Both Republican and Democratic primary early voting will be held at DeWitt County Elections Office, 115 N. Gonzales, in Cuero. The elections office is located county health department and tax office.
Early voting in the primaries continues through Feb. 28 and the election will be March 4.
Early voting will be conducted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and from 8.m. to noon on Saturday, Feb. 22.
A voter will be required to show one of seven forms of photo identification at the polling location before the voter will be permitted to cast a vote. The acceptable forms of identification include:
1. Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
2. Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
3. Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
4. Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
5. U. S. military identification card containing the person’s photograph
6. U. S. citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
7. U. S. passport
Along with a couple of local contested races, registered voters will also be choosing their candidates for U.S. senator, governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general and more.
There are two candidates seeking the Republican Party nomination for Justice of Peace Pct. 2, incumbent Bill Robinson and Brian Carson.
Also both parties have candidates seeking the county commissioner precinct 4 nomination. They are incumbent Democrat Donald Kuecker and challenger Republican Richard Randle.
Rate this article: